Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mowing the Lawn

Ah, what a refreshing day I had today. I was able to mow the lawn. Normally I dread mowing the lawn (especially in rainy Düsseldorf - mowing wet grass is never fun). I've been mowing lawns for decades now. But this summer I had a break.

Tamara started mowing the lawn after returning from the U.S. and that has been awesome. It is especially helpful since I can only mow on Saturdays (nights are out since I get home so late, and Sundays are out for church) and about half of the Saturdays are rained out, so sometimes the lawn gets quite long before I can get to it. Enter my great wife. She has taking over mowing the lawn lately and it has been great.

Well today was a sunny Saturday and the grass was long, and I had time - so I jumped in to help Tamara out. When I was done I told my wife - that wasn't as dreadful as normal - thanks for the break honey.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've been wondering about lawn mowing in Germany lately...with the quite hours it seems like a working person can never get to it.