Monday, July 14, 2008

Squeaky Duck

Emma's amazing German skills have blossomed since being in pre-school everyday. She switches back and forth now very nicely. Along the way she naturally makes some very entertaining mistakes in both languages. Here is one example.

Emma received a rubber ducky from America. Mom! You're the best! I spoke to her in German about the exciting new toy - quietsche Entchen! And, when she went to talk to mom about the duck today - she could only remember the German version, I believe, but since she was speaking English - she translated the original German quietsche Entchen into very fine English squeaky duck (I might have chose squeaking duck, but no matter). In that moment she was very good on her feet. In fact, I would say it was quite incredible - but I am the dad.

No comments: