Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Little Fireplug

So I wake up this morning at 6:20 or so and think - I'm doing pretty good. I'm ahead of the kids and ready for a great day.

And, what do I find - Emma. Wandering around the 2nd floor doing whatever it is that she does at 6:00 a.m. in the morning. As soon as she saw me she started telling me something about Ian and planning this or that. I couldn't keep up with the whole affair. We then did something in the bathroom - putting an electric toothbrush away I think - which made a lot of noise and woke up Ian. This was O.K., because Spencer had to get up early for a day camp (hiking, a boat ride, more hiking) offered by the city.

Well, anyway, from that moment on Emma goes full bore throughout the entire day. Racing from one activity to the next. She seems to be in constant motion. I get dizzy just watching her.

Before pre-school (Kindergarten) I passed by the living room and Emma asked if she could put two blankets on Ian. They were watching the Baby sign language video together.

I turned around and went back upstairs and she was eating already (with Hannah). Every time she sees Ian do something she jumps up and has to start doing that very thing and tries to finish before Ian has even started. If it looks like only one person can do whatever it is Ian is doing, then she'll gladly take over for Ian. This causes tension between the two, because Ian also wants to do stuff by himself, or in peace. They still get along great about 80% of the time. This is pretty good percentage wise. Ian likes Emma's pony tails.

Then I take Emma to Kindergarten and she is running again. It is amazing. I can hardly keep up. She runs here and runs there. Takes Hannah with her where ever she goes (Hannah was back in Kindergarten again today). When I come back to pick her up she is running back and forth and runs up to see me.

She runs throughout the afternoon. And gets in front of Ian. Can't have Ian doing anything that she is not doing, or better yet, has not already done.

Then she goes to bed - usually screaming something like - leave the door open, or I didn't fix my blanket, or I want my sippy cup, or this or that - and passes out 2 seconds after I leave the room. Dead tired.

No comments: