Monday, June 2, 2008

Sweltering

I started on a new project today. It was a great start, except for one thing - the heat. I was so tired from the heat I was struggling in meetings in the afternoon. And, I had to dress up for the first day. It looks like every day is a bit dressier than at my last company. That is not great news. I think I need to buy some short sleeve dress shirts.

One piece of coffee information. This company does not have a machine in every kitchen. Of course, there are several thousand employees in several buildings. Our company provides a water cooler and a coffee machine. I'm not sure if the coffee is provided by the company, or not. But I think so. Here is a picture of the machine. It makes one or two cups at a time and you put little "pads" of coffee in the top and water in the bottom.



Someone brought some cakes today and they were placed at the edge of my desk for everyone to share. That made for a good day as I was able to meet several people who I otherwise wouldn't have met.

The heat is good for the kids, but man, oh man is it hot at work. There is one room with air conditioning. We had one meeting there and were soooo happy.

The other funny thing is that I am working with three of the same people from my last project. There was a hint of dejavu in the air as we met and discussed the project, strategy, how to work, etc. It was nice. All of us are on different teams, but still in the same project.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ooo... I love how the European coffee makers look. They are starting to get the hint in the US, but Europe has it down. I almost bought one when we lived in Europe just for decoration. Little did I know that I would start drinking coffee!