Monday, February 2, 2009

Ian's growing up

Despite not speaking, Ian is starting to be more and more of a little boy. Last night at our friends house we ate dinner with them. I sat next to Ian. When I sat down he was excited that he had a fork, a knife, and a spoon at his place.

I started eating and looked over at Ian. He was eating with a fork and a knife, with the knife in the right hand, and the fork in the left, as is typical here in Europe. I wondered - where did he learn that. That is the way I eat, at least when I am out to lunch at work. I wasn't sure if I eat like that while I am at home.

When I looked over at him again a few minutes later I noticed that despite using two utensils to eat, most of Ian's food was landing on the table and not in his mouth. This worried me a bit, but Ian was still totally happy and totally excited about his eating experience.

No comments: