Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cool Ian

On the way from a friends house tonight all the kids were riled up and had had a good time and wanted some time to express themselves, and tell their stories. This results in a rather loud situation with all parties vying for floor time, where they speak and others listen. At one point Emma, our 3 year old, cried out - someone listen to me, I want to say something.

The whole time I was wondering - what is Ian thinking about? And I said to myself, tonight I'm glad he doesn't say much. He has a handful of words, including Emma, Mama, Hello, House, Papa, and Sponge Bob. But, as usual, he was calm, cool, collected, and quiet tonight and remained so during the entire ride home.

Tonight as I told my dad the story I also wondered if that is why Ian doesn't talk yet? Maybe he thinks, why? There is no chance to get a word in edgewise with this crowd anyway!

No comments: