Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fatherhood

A Letter to some current missionaries from the youth program I worked in back in Wisconsin.

Hey we had a really good week this week. I am in my last two weeks of my contract at Tele2. I will start working for Vodafone on June 1st. I'm a little nervous about the change since I have worked at Tele2 since Oct, 2006 (we arrived in Germany in Sept, 2006). But I will rely on the Lord and trust that a way for success will be provided.

In trying to finish up my work at Tele2 we ran into some delays and had to work overtime - that meant working today on a state holiday. Since I wouldn't be working that long and there would only be a few people there I took Spencer to work with me. He is 9.5 years old now and loves the games at Lego.de. He found a cool elf-meter schiessen game (soccer penalty shot game). It is 2-player and I could play goalie while he shot (on the same keyboard) and vice versa. It was pretty fun.

Spencer also found that Playstation II is coming out with an Lego Indiana Jones game (like Lego Star Wars). It made me want to buy a Playstation. Ours is broken. The first problem with buying a playstation is that our kids are still young and will probably break this one as well (Ian 1.5 and Emma 3). The other problem for us living in Europe is that if we buy an American Playstation (cheaper) we can't play any games we buy in Europe. If we buy a European Playstation then we can't play any of our old games, but we could buy games here in Europe. Ah, the troubles of fatherhood.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I am not endorsing this idea and it voids your warranty but you can do some chip mods on the US Playtations so they will play European games.

Gardner said...

Not that I'm asking you to do this, but can you perform said mods?

G in Berlin said...

And not that I am curious, but I wanted to buy a Wii in the US and be able to use it over here and with European games as well as American, do either of you know if that's possible?
We really want DDR, GuitarHero and WiiFit...

Gardner said...

@G in Berlin:
Yea, the Wii would be sweet.