Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Emmas First Day of Kindergarten

Emma went to Kindergarten for the first time today. She was very excited, and has talked about Kindergarten (pre-school) for sometime now. Here are my impressions, in no particular order.

My first thought this morning was - bag work and go with Emma and Tamara to Kindergarten, but . . . alas that is not always possible. I went to work early, because I had to leave early today. When I saw Tamara's post this afternoon before leaving work (Tamara called me to let me know about the post) I was totally proud as a dad. Emma looked so cute - with matching shirt and hair bands. And I could see the excitement in her eyes at the various activities.

I was hoping to congratulate her when I got home around 18.45, but she was already in bed. I was bummed. Then I noticed Ian - he was smiling at everyone and hugging everyone - he even hugged me, which he usually doesn't do right away after I come home. I haven't seen him that happy that late at night in a long time. I was thinking Ian was glad to have Emma gone for a few hours as well and to have mom all to himself for a day.

It was a nice change for Emma, Tamara, and apparently Ian. I am looking forward to continuing adventures of a 3 year old in German Kindergarten (which is called pre-school in the US) and will be expecting a German speaking explosion from Emma similar to what happened after we had a German nanny a few months back.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I saw Tamara's post and also thought that Emma looked adorable! Isn't it amazing how kids boldly go forward, while the parents are tentative? I think it is fascinating.