Friday, February 8, 2008

Tamara's surgery - all looks good

Hi All,

Here is a quick update on Tamara. I have been able to see her twice in the last two days and she is doing great. When I saw her on the first day she was much more spirited than I expected, both directly after the surgery and that evening. Today me and the older kids brought flowers. She looked very good today. She was dressed in normal clothes /normal pajamas and could move around a bit more. It looks like a great start.

On the home front all is going well, but mainly due to help from friends, neighbors, and the relief society, or women's organization, in our congregation. Every time I thought I couldn't go on, or was about to give up on something, they were there. Today I was uncertain about how to take the kids outside (because the weather was nice), finish Hannah's homework and get her off to a friend's house, give Ian something to eat, help Shantal make a cute dessert (which she has been dying to make), and like ten other things I needed to do. That is when brother and sister B. showed up. The husband said where is Spencer I've got a soccer ball for him, the wife started playing with the babies and feeding Ian. With Hannah out the door I got the babies ready and Spencer, brother B., the babies and I went to play some soccer. Emma was so happy to walk with brother B. to the soccer field. Spencer and brother B. had a great time, as did the babies. The babies were so cute in the muddy grass. It was a blast. That also gave Shantal some time to create a wonderful dessert. Hannah came back from a friends

That evening another sister brought in dinner and we had no worries. Wow, it was awesome. That is just one example of help from friends, neighbors, and members of our congregation. Naturally, one receives help often, but it moves one so much more powerfully in your moments of deepest need. I told the B. family that we shouldn't wait until Tamara gets sick again to get together. We could use their help more often. Our kids could use their help more often. I know Tamara could. They said the same thing. I hope that we will.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. It was great to hear from so many about how they had experienced similar things and how life went on. My mother comes next week and I hope that Tamara's recovery will continue moving in a positive direction.

All the best,
Gardner

No comments: